Julie Neal serves as both Clerk-Treasurer and Comptroller. Clerk-Treasurer is an elected position while Town Council has appointed the clerk-treasurer to the position of Comptroller.
The Clerk-Treasurer is expected to, as defined in IC 36-5-6-6:
- receive and care for all town money and pay the money out only on order of the town council,
- keep accounts showing when and from what sources the clerk-treasurer has received town money and to whom the clerk-treasurer has paid out town money,
- prescribe payroll and account forms for all town offices,
- prescribe the manner in which creditors, officers, and employees shall be paid,
- manage the finances and accounts of the town and make investments of town money,
- prepare for the Town Council the budget estimates of miscellaneous revenue, financial statements, and the proposed tax rate,
- maintain custody of the town seal and the records of the Town Council,
- serve as clerk of the Town Council by attending its meetings and recording its proceedings.
The duties of the Comptroller include:
- oversight of town utilities billing and records, and collection of town utilities’ monies,
- supervision of the administration of town records’ requirements associated with approved grants,
- working with Town Council and the Town Manager to facilitate cost-effective insurance programs for town employees and protection of town facilities