The Town Manager, under the direction of the Town Council, is responsible for the administrative duties and the day-to-day operations of the town. Unless a written ordinance of the legislative body provides otherwise, the Town Manager:
- attends the meetings of the Town Council,
- makes recommendations for actions he considers advisable,
- oversees the electrical, water, wastewater, and street departments,
- manages the activities of the field operations staff,
- administers and enforces ordinances, orders, statutes and resolutions of the Town Council,
- prepares budget estimates for projects as required,
- and executes contracts on behalf of the town.
Mr. Christopher W. LaMar, registered architect, was appointed Town Manager in August 2014. He has both a Bachelor of Architecture degree and a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Design degree from Ball State University. Mr. LaMar has over twenty years of experience working with construction projects in communities throughout Indiana where he is licensed as an architect. Chris graduated from Hagerstown Jr.-Sr. High School and has lived in the Hagerstown area over 30 years.